Friday, October 24, 2008

To Barrack Barrack is to Obambulate McCain

Barrack is a word. And so is obambulate. Obambulate means to walk about. Ob plus ambulate. Barrack menas to cheer for. Also the singular of barracks, which is where soldiers are housed. Palinode and palindrome share the same root. Palinode means poem in which the author retracts something said in an earlier poem.
Illustrator and humorist Gelett Burgess (1866-1951) once wrote a poem called The Purple Cow:
I never saw a purple cow,
I never hope to see one;
But I can tell you, anyhow,
I'd rather see than be one.

The poem became so popular and he became so closely linked with this single quatrain that he later wrote a palinode:
Confession: and a Portrait, Too,
Upon a Background that I Rue!

Oh, yes, I wrote 'The Purple Cow,'
I'm sorry now I wrote it!
But I can tell you anyhow,
I'll kill you if you quote it."

McCain needs to write a palinode about Palin, if they lose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!
Get Free Shots from Snap.com
Since March 2007
Carp Fishing
site statistics
visited 14 states (6.22%)
Create your own visited map of The World or jurisdische veraling duits?