Thursday, September 25, 2008

View from the Lobby





In Vang Vieng, the prettiest GRO (they call them "service women") in a ramshackle karaoke for lao people only turned out to be a kathoey. But I didn't know that. She used the word, "ladyboy" which is the only English word she knew. Only the next day after asking a kathoey herself did I learn what it meant. Anyway, in that karaoke bar, the songs were all Thai and Lao songs. Two hours later, they were able to find a karaoke CD of English songs. Only it was the songs of MLTR. Michael Learns to Rock. Osiyett! And I'm the only one among the international people who knew the songs. Because I was expected to be the ambassador of my country, I dutifully sang 20 minutes too late and too soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Nashman said...

sheeet, talo ang mga maharlika and shoppers lane beauties!

now I will lose the debate with my thai friends on which country has the prettier ladyboys

3:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you will lose because the most beautiful pinoy ladyboys decided to stay put in thailand because:
1) they have to pay their debts in the operation
2) they get better jobs in patpong and that gay area
3) they are better respected there
4) the farangs

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!
Get Free Shots from Snap.com
Since March 2007
Carp Fishing
site statistics
visited 14 states (6.22%)
Create your own visited map of The World or jurisdische veraling duits?