Saturday, July 14, 2007

Siopao I

Also from the Business Mirror, I learned that they are using cardboard in their siopaos in Beijing. They don't call it siopao there but baozi. A Chinese TV network showed one baozi maker chopping cardboard and using industrial chemical to soften and adding pork flavoring. OK. And yet when I was young, I was having a soliloquy on whether to eat the paper at the bottom or not. Then that persistent rumor about our siopao made of pusa. I would be discussing that in a later blog. Also, I came upon a story of a dinuguang siopao. it was supposed to be a celebrated crime case in China early this year.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger padma said...

Great. Now the siopao-makers of da Peelipins are going to LOVE this idea.

6:39 PM  
Blogger oceandreamer said...

siopao eaters will think not only twice or thrice now hehehehe...

11:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Or maybe they even originated this concept of paper recycling

11:39 AM  
Blogger lovelyn said...

Paper recycling? Indeed, they did hahaha...

7:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

kumusta lovelyn. maraming chinese resto rin diyan. baka hindi na pusa

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kaya pala years ago, in that venerable Ma Mon Luk resto which boasted the best dumpling in Manila, I thought I saw a menu item called siomiaow...

12:22 PM  
Blogger lovelyn said...

Yep, dami specially sa Venice mismo and other big cities like Milan and Rome. The "cardboard" news had helped the "I's" with their anti-Chinese campaign.

Not cats, I'm sure. Dogs and Cats call their Italian owners, "Mama or Papa" kaya untouchables yang mga yan hahaha...

5:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mama and Papa? Mamaya Papatayin na. Sagada Lunch said that they will also serve siopao soon which makes me nervous

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!
Get Free Shots from Snap.com
Since March 2007
Carp Fishing
site statistics
visited 14 states (6.22%)
Create your own visited map of The World or jurisdische veraling duits?